If you have hardwood floors, you know that vacuum cleaner are a must-have for keeping them clean.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors, such as suction power, brush rollers, and attachments.
You’ll also want to make sure that the vacuum cleaner is lightweight and easy to operate.
To help you find the best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors, we’ve rounded up our top picks.
How to Select the Best Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood floors?
Hardwood floors are the most prominent type of floor seen in almost every household in temperate countries. It can be made of slabs of wood or plywood sheets lined on concrete flooring.
As hardwood floors have different kinds of textures, you should keep the following points in mind while buying a Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floor
Hardwood floors are harder to clean than carpeted floors as dirt gets into cracks and fissures. Embedded dirt is very difficult to clean and you need a Vacuum Cleaner with higher suction power.
Choose a device with higher suction power and motor energy. You can also select a double-motored Vacuum Cleaner for cyclonic suction and faster cleaning.
Appropriate Floor Head
An appropriate floor head is required to tackle heavy dust deposits and concentrated accumulation of dirt on hardwood floors.
- Brush Rolls in a floor head scrape off dust and loosens it for the suction power to work on it.
- The bristles disperse the accumulated dust and levitate it for the cleaner to suck it in.
- You can also change your floor head with different extensions, to clean various floor conditions.
You need specific add-on accessories while cleaning different types of dust deposits on your hardwood floor.
These types of equipment can be mounted on your devices for specialized cleaning.
You should use a crevice tool for cleaning corners why flat floor extensions are suitable for cleaning the floor under furniture and upholsteries. Make sure to choose the right accessories for your house.
It should have soft bristles or brushes that won’t scratch the surface of your floors
Finally, you want to make sure the vacuum is lightweight and easy to maneuver. This will make it easier to vacuum around furniture and in tight spaces
Top Picks on Best Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors Selling on Amazon Right now
- Best Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors Overall: Samsung Jeta
- Best Handheld Vacuum for Hardwood Floor: Girnoor Vacuum G165
- Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors in Budget: Eureka Bagless
- Best Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors: Bissell Crosswave Petr Pro
- Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood floor with Multi-Surface Cleaning: Tineco One S3
- Best Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floor: Roborock E5
Hardwood floors are hard to clean and it is normal for you to get tired and disgusted with the struggle. Worry no more, as we introduce to you the most versatile Vacuum Cleaner on the market- the Samsung Jetâ ¢ 90 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
This cleaner is specially built to tackle the high traffic of dust on hardwood floors. With around 200 Air Watts of suction power, the Vacuum Cleaner works fine on hardwood and tiled floors.
The docking station of the Vacuum Cleaner is multi-functional equipment. You can remove and charge your battery at this charging point. It also features an auto-empty dustbin, by which you dispose of the collected waste, without making any mess.
Why We Love this efficient Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors
- Weighing only 9lbs, the device has increased maneuverability.
- The telescopic wand can be altered to 4 different length settings to meet your requirements.
- The five-layer filtration system maintains hygiene and prevents allergens and dust particles from escaping.
If you want an all-rounder cleaner that can help you clean your furniture and upholsteries alongside your hardwood floors, the Girnoor G165 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is the right option for you.
Being one of the most powerful handheld Vacuum Cleaners, the 600w vacuum motor provides 20KPa suction power. With this massive power, the cleaner can remove any kind of dust, debris, dirt, or pet hair from your hardwood floor.
The motorized floor head of the cleaner is upgraded to scrape off stubborn dirt. It can swivel 180° sideways, allowing you to easily navigate it around your house.
You can easily switch to the handheld form of the cleaner by simply reducing the length of the vacuum stick of the device.
Why We Love It:
- This cleaner features a 4 stage HEPA-Filtration system for additional protection for you and your family.
- The ergonomic handle of the cleaner comforts your arm as you clean on a stretch.
Running on a budget? Do not worry as we got your back. The eureka WhirlWind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the best Canister Vacuum Cleaner that will perfectly suit your hardwood floors and fit your cost restraints.
The airflow of the Vacuum Cleaner can be altered to suit different floor conditions. The integrated whirlwind flow of air deep cleans hardwood floors.
The swivel steering system and the telescoping metal vacuum wand of the cleaner are built to relieve you from wrist or back pain. As the device weighs only 8 lbs, you can easily carry it around.
With an advanced 2.5L dust container, free yourself from the worries of filters or bags. The dust cup is lined with reusable filters that can be washed when needed.
Why We Love It:
- The automatic coil rewind feature retracts the power cord of the cleaner with the press of a button.
- You can hygienically empty the dust cup by opening a latch.
Do you have high dust traffic in your house and you have to mop your floor after vacuuming it? The Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner saves your time and energy by mopping and vacuuming simultaneously.
The versatility of this Vacuum Cleaner is mind-blowing. It saves you time by vacuuming and washing your hardwood floor, at the same time.
The dual tank technology of the cleaner separates the clean water and the dirty water used for washing the floor. Thus, the cleaner gives you a shining and hygienic floor without any stains.
The specialized brush roll of the cleaner can perfectly clean hardwood floors. It can also pick up pet hair without causing any jeopardy.
Why We Love It:
- The device comes with two bottles of complimentary cleaning solutions that unlock freshness and remove germs.
- The strainer installed in the dirt tank separates hair and larger debris and prevents them from clogging.
A cleaner that specializes in cleaning hardwood floors sounds good. But a cleaner that is versatile and specializes in multi-floor cleaning is better. Switch to the Tineco Floor ONE S3 Cordless Hardwood Floors Cleaner for experiencing the best cleaning experience.
This Vacuum Cleaner can work on both wet and dry surfaces. The smart ‘iLoop sensor technology’ of the cleaner can detect liquid on the floor and automatically adjust the settings of the device.
The suction power and mopping water outflow of the cleaner can be manually adjusted.
With self-cleaning rollers in the floor head, you do not have to worry about washing them by yourself. The brush rollers are specially designed for mopping and dispersing dust.
Why We Love It:
- You can check the battery life, suction power, and maintenance alerts from an all-in-one display on the ergonomic handle of the cleaner.
- The integrated filtration system of the cleaner maintains purity and hygiene in your house.
Roborock E5 – The Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for your Hardwood Floor
Are you ready to give your hardwood floor a touch of technology? The roborock E5 Mop Robot Vacuum Cleaner is the ultimate Vacuum Cleaner for your hardwood floors.
The robot cleaner has a bunch of different sensors that work together to perform a systematic cleaning. While the ‘OpticEye’ senses obstacles and floor conditions, the gyroscopes navigate the cleaner.
This little device has the capability of vacuuming and mopping your floor for over 1600 square feet.
With a 2500Pa suction power, no form of dust or debris is a problem for this cleaner. It can clean over 2000 square feet of area on a single charge.
Why We Love It:
- You can control this cleaner by voice inputs through Alexa and Google Assistant. You may also install the ‘roborock’ mobile application to customize and schedule your device.
- With 640 ml dust storage, the Vacuum Cleaner can clean a large area without any hindrance.
Vacuum Clean your Hardwood Floors Effectively with these Tips
Vacuum regularly – This will help to prevent dirt and dust from building up, and will also help to remove any dirt or debris that has already settled into the floor.
It is also important to vacuum in the direction of the grain to avoid scratching the floor.
Another tip is to use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment, as this will help to avoid damaging the floor.
Finally, be sure to vacuum along edges and in corners, as these are often areas where dirt and dust accumulate. By following these tips, you can help keep your hardwood floors looking their best.